Flexible transit routing
- Kyyti Group Oy, Finland
- Entur, Norway
- Hannes Junnila
- Initial implementation of Flexible transit routing
- Use one-to-many search in order to make the performance of the StreetFlexPathCalculator acceptable. (April 2021)
- Also link transit stops used by flex trips to the closest car traversable edge. This allows flex street routing all the way to the stop. (April 2021)
- Fix performance issues with the StreetFlexPathCalculator #3460
- Improve performance of flex access/egress routing #3661
- Allow getting on and off at the same flex stop time #3720
- Calculate fare for flex routes #3743
To enable this turn on
FlexRouting as a feature in
The GTFS feeds should conform to the GTFS-Flex v2.1 draft
This features allows a limited number of config options (currently just one). To change the
configuration, add the following to
How long should a passenger be allowed to walk after getting out of a flex vehicle and transferring to a flex or transit one.
This was mainly introduced to improve performance which is also the reason for not using the existing value with the same name: fixed schedule transfers are computed during the graph build but flex ones are calculated at request time and are more sensitive to slowdown.
A lower value means that the routing is faster.